To begin the pecan pie you will need to "blind bake" the piecrust for about 10 minutes. It helps set the crust so it doesn't puff up much in the middle. Now you can use pie weights as I did (although stupidly forgot to line it first with foil making for a very messy clean-up), but rice will do or another pie pan resting on top.
While the crust is baking, begin whipping up the ingredients: corn syrups, sugar, butter, chopped and toasted pecans.
Then pour the mixture into the piecrust. Take a number of pecan halves (or in my case pecan bits since I ran out of halves) and decoratively position them around the top of the pie.
Pop the pie in the oven for 45 minutes...
And voila! Pecan pie. The top will harden into almost a hard candy consistency. The center may puff up some, but will settle during cooling.
A very simple pie to make with excellent results. I have never had problems with the KAF pecan pie recipe. Totally consistent
Until I post my endeavors into cheese bread,
-Erin

No comments:
Post a Comment