You begin by mixing the dry ingredients (including yellow cornmeal) and then in a seperate bowl the wet.
You then mix the two together, wet into dry. The wet mixture is a combination of molasses, vegetable oil, an egg, and buttermilk.
As you let the mixture sit, I noticed that it tends to bubble.
As with the "simple but perfect" pancake, the pancake will bubble when it is time to flip it over. These pancakes tend not brown.
Ah, the finished batch. Truly packed with spices and certainly reminds one of eating a gingerbread cookie. The cornmeal makes the texture a little gritty, which I am not used to in my pancakes, but the taste certainly makes up for the texture. These are great with apple butter, powdered sugar, or the standard here in VT--maple syrup.
Over and out until Sunday when I whip up something fancy: lemon ricotta pancakes with a vanilla cream sauce.
-Erin

No comments:
Post a Comment